Legalisation of Dutch Diplomas

It may be necessary to prove the legal status of your diploma. If you would like to continue your studies outside the Netherlands, for instance, you will have to be able to provide a legalised educational document, namely your diploma or certificate, at the place of education abroad. You can have your diploma or certificate legalised by the DUO-IB Group.

DUO-IB Group

DUO-IB Group Visiting address:
Koninginnegracht 12b/13, 2514 AA The Hague 
By appointment only during: Monday- Thursday from 09.00 to 17.00
Follow instructions mentioned on their website: Legalising your diploma

Apostille Stamp after Legalisation

If the country where you are going (or returning to) is on the list of apostille countries, you will have to take your diploma to the court house in Groningen for authentication with an apostille stamp after it has been legalised by the IB Group:

Rechtbank Groningen
Guyotplein 1,
9712 NX Groningen

If you would rather the DUO-IB Group handles this for you, you can email them for instructions.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

If you are going to a country that is not on the list of apostille countries, in addition to legalisation by the IB Group you need to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken to finalise the legalisation of your educational document.

Bezuidenhoutseweg 67,
2594 AC The Hague
Read more: Legalisation at the ministry of foreign affairs

After this, you will have to go to the embassy of the country that you intend to go to.

More questions?


Last Modified: 28-01-2016