University of Groningen
- F. (Fatima) Ballah (PhD candidate)
- A. (Anand) Blank (PhD candidate)
- Dr. A.S.H.G. (Anne-Sylvie) Boisliveau
- Dr. M.W. (Marjo) Buitelaar
- Drs. E.Y. (Eelko) Hooijmaaijers
- I. (iis) Istiqomah (PhD candidate)
- Prof.dr. F. (Fred) Leemhuis (emeritus)
- Dr. P.G.T. (Pieter) Nanninga
- Prof.mr.dr. F.T. (Fokko) Oldenhuis
- S. (Simon) Polinder (PhD candidate)
- F.J. (Femke) Stock (PhD candidate)
Please find below an overview of researchers affiliated to the University of Groningen.
Title PhD project: Riffian Women’s Narrative Claims to Full Citizenship.
Title PhD project: Virtues in the Islamic religion as viewed by Dutch imams.
Expertise: Koran; hadith; Islamic dogmas; quranic studies; tafsir; Islamic thought.
Expertise: gender in cultural practice; Morocco; Muslim women; Islam in daily life; Muslims in Europe; Life story research.
Expertise: social history of the region; social policy; Middle East; politics; conflicts and religion (Islam); Turkey.
Subject PhD project: the interplay between ethnicity and religion in the construction of identity and in the social integration of the present-day descendants of the Hadrami Arab migrants of Ambon.
Expertise: Islam; Koran.
Expertise: Middle Eastern politics, culture and religion; Muslim fundamentalism; islamism; jihadism; Media in the Middle East; Social Movement theory.
Expertise: religion and law: in particular on the verge of religious communion and private law; freedom of religion; church and state.
Title PhD project: A critical evaluation of the role of religion in theories of International Relations.
Title PhD project: Making a home: Identity and belonging for second-generation Turkish and Moroccan migrants.