Prof.dr. R. (Roberta) D'Alessandro
- Italian syntax
- syntax-phonology interface
- impersonal constructions
- Italian dialects and comparative linguistics
I am interested in syntactic microvariation, as well as macrocomparative syntax. At the moment I am investigating agreement and person driven auxiliary selection in Southern Italian dialects as well as the relation between split ergativity and v in Italian dialects and ergative languages.
2000-2004: Universität Stuttgart
Graduiertenkolleg “Linguistic representations and their interpretation”
1995-2000: University of L’Aquila
November 2007- present: Leiden University, LUCL, Italian program
2007: Université du Québec à Montréal, LAD Interface Asymmetries Research Lab
Visiting Research Associate
2005-2007: University of Cambridge
Marie Curie Post-doctoral Research fellow
2004-2005: Microsoft NLP/Butler Hill Group, Redmond, USA
- Italian linguistics: phonology, morphology, syntax and sociolinguistics of Italian and Italian dialects
- Romance syntax in a comparative perspective
- D’Alessandro, R. Ledgeway, A. & I. Roberts, eds. (2010). Syntactic variation. The dialects of Italy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- D’Alessandro, R. & I. Roberts (2010). ‘Past participle agreement in Abruzzese: split auxiliary selection and the null-subject parameter’. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- D’Alessandro, R. & I. Roberts (2008). ‘Movement and agreement in Italian past participles and defective phases’. Linguistic Inquiry.
- D’Alessandro, R., Fischer, S. & G.H. Hrafnbjargarson, eds. (2008). Agreementrestrictions. Berlin/New York: Mouton de Gruyter.
- D’Alessandro, R. (2007). Impersonal si constructions. Berlin/New York: Mouton de Gruyter.
Centre de Lingüística Teòrica CLT, University Autònoma of Barcelona:
Series Grammars and Sketches of the Romance Languages: Editor in chief
Language Science Press:
Open Generative Syntax: Series Editor
Global Young Academy:
International Council for Science:
Member of the Committe on the Freedom and Responsibility in the Conduct of Science