Drs. L. (Laura) Migliori
- Classical languages
- Historical Linguistics
- Southern Italian dialects
|Telephone number:||+31 (0)71 527 2125|
|Faculty / Department:||Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen, Leiden Univ Centre for Linguistics, LUCL diversen|
VERZENDING VIA PRIVE-ADRES
- Comparative syntax
- Diachronic syntax
- Historical linguistics
- Latin linguistics
- Romance linguistics
My dissertation focuses on the development of auxilaries between Latin and (Italo)-Romance, with particular attention for Southern Italian varieties (SIDs). More specifically, this study looks at the syntactic structure of the Latin verbal clause, with the attempt of detecting the main changes occurred in it with the passage to early Romance.
My supervisors are Prof. dr. Roberta D’Alessandro (Leiden University) and Prof. dr. Adam Ledgeway (University of Cambridge).
- Italian linguistics
- Italian language acquisition
- Romance linguistics
- Historical linguistics
- Latin grammar
|2012||Visiting PhD student at University of Cambridge (Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages)|
|2010 - present||PhD in Linguistics (Universiteit Leiden) Title of the dissertation: Argument structure, alignment and auxiliaries between Latin and Romance|
|2010||Degree in Classical languages and historical linguistics University of Rome “La Sapienza”.|
|2008-2009||Erasmus-exchange student at Leiden University (Classical Languages, Leiden University Center for Linguistics)|
- (2015a). ‘Between Latin and Romance. Some notes on the perfect’ . In Romance Linguistics and Linguistic Theory 2013. Aboh E. O., J. C. Schaeffer & Petra Sleeman (eds). 159-174. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- (2015, to appear). ‘Dal latino alle lingue romanze. Uno studio sull’ausiliazione perfettiva nei dialetti italiani centro-meridionali’. In Actes du XXVIIe Congrès international de linguistique et de philologie romanes (Nancy, 15-20 juillet 2013), 3 volumes. Strasbourg : Société de linguistique romane/ÉLiPh. Buchi, Éva/Chauveau, Jean-Paul/Pierrel, Jean-Marie (éd.).
- (2014) Little v as a field. Evidence from the Latin verbal system. In Proceedings of the 44th Annual Meeting of the North-East Linguistic Society. Jyoti Iyer and Leland Kusmer (eds), 2-27-38. Amherst, MA.
- (in prep.) ‘On (enclitic) possessives’ (with R. D’Alessandro). Ms. Leiden University.
L’agricoltura antica. I “Geoponica” di Cassiano Basso (ISBN 978-88-498-2389-9)
(Translation from Ancient Greek, Books X and XI).
‘Latin deponent verbs and the active/inactive alignment’.
Graduate seminars in linguistics. Università Ca’ Foscari – Venezia. February 2014.
‘The perfect and other periphrases between Latin an Romance’.
Graduate seminars in linguistics. Università degli Studi di Padova. February 2014.
‘The syntax of Latin –r forms’.
Syntax Lab, University of Cambridge, 10th December 2012.
‘The Latin perfect split: a syntax-morphology mismatch?’.
Syntax-Interface Meetings, Universiteit Utrecht, 11th February 2013.
‘Argument structure, alignment and auxiliation between Latin and Romance’.
IDM 205 and CIDSM X. Leiden University, 22-24 June 2015.
‘Voice* in Old Italian (with Irene Franco)’.
IGG40. Università di Trento, 13-15 February 2014.
‘Between Latin and Romance. Some notes on the perfect’.
Going Romance : XXVII Symposium on Romance Linguistics. Universiteit van Amsterdam, 28-30 November 2013.
‘Little v as a field. Evidence from the Latin verbal system’.
The 44th Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society. University of Connecticut, 18-20 October 2013.
‘On (enclitic) possessives’ (with Roberta D’Alessandro).
CIDSM VIII. University of Cambridge, June 2013.
‘Dal latino alle lingue romanze. Uno studio diacronico sull’ausiliazione nei dialetti italiani centro-meridionali’. XXVIIe Congrès International de LPR, Université de Nancy, 14-20 July 2013.
‘Split auxiliary selection in Southern Italian Dialects: synchrony and diachrony’ (with G. Torcolacci). LOT Winter School 2012, Universiteit Tilburg.
‘Agreement at narrow syntax, PF or both. Evidence from Latin’. Brussels Conference of Generative Linguistics 6, Configurations of Agreement, CRISSP,19-20 December 2011.
Member of the organizing committee of the following conferences/seminars:
- Italian Dialect Meeting and CIDSM X (Leiden University, June 2015)
- Com(parative) Syn(tax) Meetings (Leiden University, 2012-2014)
- Little v workshop, Leiden University, october 2013.
- Romance Lab (Leiden University, 2010-2012)
- Italian Dialects Meeting (Leiden University, May 2012)
- Italian Dialects in Diachrony (Leiden University, May 2011)
- Going Romance (Leiden University, December 2010)
- May 2012-2014: Member of the LUCL PhD-Council